Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Photos of our week.

April: June:
These sad little plants are withering away in their pots. All 12 tomatoes and 6 peppers. The basil and dill have long since been replaced. I take them on field trips outside on sunny days, otherwise they are wards of my windowsill. We have had record rain this summer, and the garden is still soaked. Sigh.We've tilled 4 times hoping to dry it out. I hate to stuff my tomatoes in planter boxes because they grow like freaking trees in the dirt! Honest. Last year they were up to my shoulders and I still have tomatoes in the freezer. There is no vegetable better than a warm tomato fresh from the garden. Seeing them like this makes my stomach hurt. Whine, whine.

Moving on, here are some photos from our quite mundane and splendid week. Addie's first pigtails. I've never cut her hair. She is just busy growing brains instead of locks.

Precious friends came over to picnic, treasure hunt, make trails, and entertain my sweet girl.
This is the, "Can we be done with pictures?" look. I love all her faces. Not just the perfect smiles. And the freckles! Be still my heart.
Grandma had a birthday last weekend. We were getting ready, and she hobbled over in this get-up. She said, "Momma, do I look fancy?". She sure did!
I guess all my photos of have the same little subject in them. Maybe I'll try taking my camera off the property like other bloggers. It never occurs to me that she's not captivating to everyone in the world. But I'm new here, so I suppose there's a learning curve.

Wait-one more! Because I geek out on this stuff. And I'm here to be myself, so here's something that made me proud this week. Something I've been thinking about and was chicken until now. Thrown over the fence by BP's attack on the earth.


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment