Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Farm Party

My daughter's 3rd birthday party was way fun to put together! We're semi-rural out here, so the "farm" theme just hopped into my lap
My mom and I made animal cupcakes and a barn sheet cake from this Betty Crocker tutorial. Aren't they sweet??! I put together little centerpieces with candy in red and yellow themed colors. I found all of it at the Dollar Store. Score!


These glass drink dispensers were a steal at World Market. I think I paid $30 for the pair. I lust for this one from PB, but just can't resist a good deal. (Especially when we still need to purchase counter tops-notice the classy pressboard?). I added tons of ribbon to adorn everything and added paper hang tags for labels.

My sweet husband spent the morning chasing balloons and fetching fresh flowers.

Lacey the pony was a complete hit with the kids. We enjoyed half an hour riding Lacey in the yard before the downpour hit. Everyone retreated indoors and I'm so glad my husband had the foresight to clean out the garage! It was a bummer, but I honestly believe those children didn't even know it was raining outside. They were so happy to play together and feed Lacey apples that it didn't matter where they were.
The kids also played on the swing set, fed the resident cow, threw grain for our flock of hens. To my relief everyone came dressed for outside fun, so it was no matter that things got a little...damp. It's just how we roll out here. We also grilled and had excessive amounts of yummy food to fill tummies up.
I crafted a little barn out of cabinet boxes for an emergency indoor activity. It just took a bottle of tempera paint, a roll of white duct tape, and a utility knife. The kids thought it was cool, and Addie is going to love it to bits and pieces-literally-all summer long. Talk about recycling! Below she was just taking a moment to herself-30 guests can be a overwhelming for a little girl. I can relate! I wanted to make this party really special to show how much we love our little girl. We don't often indulge her with things because I'm terrified of her becoming a brat, so this was one occasion to go all out and make it memorable. My family pitched in so much, which makes it even more special. They are so generous with their love and time. It was a gift for both of us. Addie loved her party, and our littler guests said it was the "funnest ever". I'd call that a success.

2 comments:

  1. Addie is precious! :) I wanted to e-mail you as I just e-mailed the other 4 Pear Tree winners but could not find your email. You were one of my winners!

    Pls email me at TheClassyWoman (at) gmail.com and I'll give you the details to get your free address labels.

    Warmly,
    Karla

    ReplyDelete