Monday, May 24, 2010

Random Monday

When I went to town this morning I didn't find anyone to give my care package to but, I wanted to show that I made good on my commitment to be ready to help someone. I'm not really sure if these items are great, but they are things I have on hand and can share.
I think I will keep it in my glove box for future encounters with anyone in need.

We're just hanging out today. Working on some gardening and playing make believe with Naomi the Gnome.

My clever aunt crafted this little land for Addie's birthday. The girl has been a bit disappointed not to see her elusive gnome, but she's kept busy bringing gifts to her doorsteps. Naomi's garden is filling with mushrooms, nuts, and pine cones. I'm sure it will be brimming with more found "treasures" as summer rolls on. It makes me so happy to see Addie using her imagination and finding real pleasure in pretending.
Until recently, I had NO IDEA how easy it is to make a chicken. The one above is one I actually made and I'm pretty proud! I was encouraged by my very favorite frugal website, which said plop it in the oven on 450 for 2 hours. DONE. Crispy, juicy chicken. I used dental floss to truss it, but am totally skipping it next time. The juices made killer gravy, too!

Today I'm using the crock pot. These directions said just season it and leave it on low for 7 or 8 hours. SOLD! I'm trying it, and it's starting to smell good! I'll let you know how it works out.
I am almost finished editing photos from Addie's Farm Party and will be ready to share soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment