Monday, May 17, 2010

How it will begin





Because I have the memory of a fish. Because I have a million other things to do right now. Because I already blog in my head. (You know what I'm talking about).

These are the days I want to remember, but a list of chores occupies that space in my brain. It's been a slow creep, like mold growing. That's a lovely visual of my distaste for lazy minds. I recall when I felt so organized and peaceful. Miss Priss sucked that out of me during birth.

I know we are the luckiest people in the world, but my failure is noticing that. I am oh-so-skillful at judging other's lives, copying, and criticizing. People talk about viewing their lives as a passenger, or having moments they feel like they are hovering above watching. I need that skill. I could tell myself where I was going, to pay attention, what I was doing wrong, what I was missing! I want to journal without acquiring 5 Rubbermaids of scrapbooking supplies. shudder.

Here is my effort to reflect, remember and judge my own efforts. I don't have a boss, but I need one. My desired result will be more thoughtful actions. Gratitude. Balance in our home. Peace in my mind and calmness in my soul. Serenity.

Because I'm feeling slightly off center.







No comments:

Post a Comment